Welcome to St Leonard's Church, Sandridge.
This week we celebrate Ascension Day and the start of Thy Kingdom Come - the global prayer movement that Justin Welby and John Sentamu have invited every Christian to be part of.
- ASCENSION DAY SERVICE - click Wheathampstead Deanery service for Ascension Day with contributions from every parish in the deanery, with thanks to Rev Tom Sander at Flamstead and Markyate. There are no prizes on offer but can you spot and name all the church buildings in the Deanery? And on BBC Radio 4 a Celebration for Ascension Day on 21 May at 8pm
- THY KINGDOM COME - join in this global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus. Have fun using the Digital Family Prayer Adventure Map and download a prayer journal to
United by the Holy Spirit as we worship as ‘Church at Home’ to which you are really welcome -
- On Wednesdays at 9.30am we simply follow the Eucharist service, as our priest celebrates on behalf of us all.
- On Sundays at 10.00am you can either simply follow the simplified Eucharist service or link up with some of us on Zoom (find the link here), to read and pray together, as well as catch up with each other's news.
- For those unable to join online church services at the moment Daily Hope offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England on a telephone line – which is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044.
Many of us want to pray at a time like this. But we don't know how. No one is 'good' at praying. Its more like the cries of a toddler's first words, than an exam. Here are ways to be still and know that God is is listening and closer than we can imagine:
- Ten minute meditations with music, bible passage and prayer: pray-as-you-go.org and for lockdown specific prayers click here - pray as you stay.
- Morning and evening daily prayers are said by many, click here to join in : create a prayer space at home and perhaps light a candle if safe to do so or light a virtual one.
- We pray this week particularly for the black and minority groups who are being worse effected by the virus and for scientists and NHS staff seeking a vaccinne, for the couples who have had to cancel their weddings and the families who have to wait to celebrate their child's baptism.
Please email email@example.com if you wish to be regularly emailed with Zoom log in details. Even if you're new to technology, have a go, you might be pleasantly surprised and it's great to see each other!
CHRISTIAN AID WEEK - Send an e-Envelope
Help us raise vital funds for Christian Aid Week to donate and join the fight against poverty and injustice around the world by completing an e-Envelope. Thank you.
We would love to hear from you via email or phone call, especially if you are feeling lonely, anxious and fed up, which I’m sure we all will at times. I will keep you updated as we go, but for now, sending this with my prayers and love,
Rev Kate Daymond, Assistant Curate,
Facebook page @StLeonard’sChurchSandridge or on Twitter @StLeonards2016
This month's Parish Magazine is available in digital format only, request a copy from Christine Nutton firstname.lastname@example.org