Welcome to St Leonard's Church, Sandridge
St Leonard's church Eucharist services -Wednesday at 9.30am and Sunday at 10am with seating a comfortable distance, masks are worn and NHS Track and Trace contact trace in place..
Open for private prayer - Wednesday's 10- 4pm and Sundays 11-4pm.
St Leonard's church is your church, please use the space to be still with God who knows our every need.
Please attend if you're feeling well and have not been contacted by the Track and Trace team. A link to our risk assessment is here: /welcome/re-opening-risk-assessment/
For those unable to join church services at the moment Daily Hope offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England on a telephone line – which is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044.
Church Family News
A Service of and Thanksgiving and Remembrance
- for those we have loved and lost
Please email email@example.com
if you plan to come or wish a loved one remembered in prayer at this short service. Please come with a mask, thank you.
Sunday 1st November at 4pm.
- Five evenings in Autumn. Midweek Prayer group - meeting on Zoom; to reflect together on a passage of scripture from the previous Sunday’s lectionary, and pray both out loud and in silence, on five evenings over the autumn. The meeting will last up to an hour and we hope you can join us. You’re welcome to come to one or all. Click here for invitation details
23rd Sept – Philippians 1; 21-30
7th Oct - Philippians 3; 4b-14
21st Oct – Matthew 22;15-22
4th Nov –Mathew 23.1-12
18th Nov –Matthew 25;14-30
The Church of England with the Catholic Church in England and Wales have launched a new service, Safe Spaces, to provide a vital support service for survivors of church-related abuse. Run by the independent charity Victim Support, Safe Spaces is a free and independent support service, providing a confidential, personal and safe space for anyone who has been abused through their relationship with the church. Contact them at - https://www.safespacesenglandandwales.org.uk/
FEED Food Bank - St Albans
If you are in difficulty or needing help with accessing food for yourself or family please contact us (see number below) or FEED programme here.
Please leave donations in our FEED box now on Wednesdays and Sundays or donate directly DONATE Here
- Spiritual Encouragement
Many of us want to pray at a time like this. But we don't know how. No one is 'good' at praying. Its more like the cries of a toddler's first words, than an exam. Here are ways to be still and know that God is is listening
- Ten minute meditations with music, bible passage and prayer: pray-as-you-go.org and for lockdown specific prayers click here - pray as you stay.
- Morning and evening daily prayers are said by many, click here to join in : create a prayer space at home and perhaps light a candle if safe to do so or light a virtual one.
- We pray this week particularly for the black and minority groups who are being worse effected by the virus and for scientists and NHS staff seeking a vaccinne, for the couples who have had to cancel their weddings and the families who have to wait to celebrate their child's baptism.
Black Lives Matter
Bishop Alan Smith and the Diocesan team are committed to this diocese becoming a family of churches, schools and chaplaincies within which all can flourish. Please click here to read the Ethnic Minorities Charter for the Diocese of St Albans.
Children and Covid
How do you explain lockdown to children? Axel Scheffler has illustrated a wonderful digital book for primary school age children, free for anyone to read on screen or print out, about the coronavirus and the measures taken to control it - Coronavirus A book for Children. There is also an audio version. For details click here.
We would love to hear from you via email or phone call, especially if you are feeling lonely, fearful or sad, which I’m sure we all will at times. I will keep you updated as we go, but for now, sending this with my prayers and love,
Rev Kate Daymond, Assistant Curate,
Facebook page @StLeonard’sChurchSandridge or on Twitter @StLeonards2016
This month's Parish Magazine is available in digital format only, request a copy from Christine Nutton firstname.lastname@example.org